Sunday, February 19, 2012

9

I'm pretty peeved right now. Lately (since I moved back into my parents house), my parents have been expecting me to ask permission when I want to have Kenny over. Fine. I'm not a child and I don't think I should have to ask, but whatever keeps the peace. He's not even over here that often anyway. What pisses me off though, is that they don't expect the same of my brother when he wants to have his girlfriend over. Now, I have no issue with my brother or his girlfriend. I could care less if she sleeps over or not, it's not my business. I'm more mad about the principle (I probably used that in the wrong context) of the situation.

Now, some back story. Kenny and my mom do not get along. She has a massive problem with him for whatever reason. I think it has something to do with the fact that when he comes over, he doesn't really talk to her. But why would he? Since we got together she's really never been all that nice to him. When he's here she usually always tries to start something with him. She's taken both of our belongings and put them outside, put chairs in front of the door so we can't get in, sent him messages on facebook when he had one and threatened to call his family and say things that aren't true. She's also threatened to call the police before. And last time he was here, she waited for my dad to go to bed and then came downstairs and started accusing Kenny of cheating on me with his ex (who he has a restraining order against, by the way) when he went home for christmas leave. She's also accused him of stringing me along, lying to me, etc etc. So that's the back story on the situation.

Again, I'm not mad that my brother has his girlfriend over. That's not the issue here. Basically, I'm feeling like it's not fair for me to have to ask permission when he doesn't. Am I wrong in feeling this way? Idk, I feel like it's kind of a double standard. My feeling is that if they expect me to ask before Kenny comes over, shouldn't they expect the same of my brother?  It seems to me that they, for whatever reason, feel the need to treat me like a child when I'm not and I don't think that's fair. At all. It's not like we have a bunch of people over and party in their house. We sit around and watch tv and then go to sleep. Maybe have sex, idk. It just seems so ridiculous!!!!! and I'm really tired of it.

But unfortunately I can't move out unless A: I find a room mate who is willing to split rent with me, or maybe two room mates. B: Kenny moves with me and agrees to help pay rent out of pocket since we're not married or C: Kenny and I get married so we can get our own place. C is not an option. I don't want to get married specifically to fix the problem, even though we're planning on getting married anyway. And he doesn't want to go with option C either. It just doesn't seem like the right way to start our marriage. B might be an option if I can get him to talk to me about it, but he's so busy with work we don't ever have time to talk about stuff like this. A seems like the most plausible option, but I don't know anyone who wants to move or needs a room mate. I just don't know what to do. I can't keep living like this because I'm always angry and depressed in this house. But I have no way out.....

I guess I just feel like I shouldn't have to put up with this treatement when I'm the only one who ever has to deal with it. I know it's their house blah blah, but it's not fair. I said something about it to my dad earlier and he got mad at me and said I was saying it specifically to make my brother and his girlfriend uncomfortable, which is bullshit. Why would I try and make them uncomfortable? It's not their fault my parents apparently live by a double standard. I'm just at the end of my rope here.

No comments:

Post a Comment