Wednesday, February 15, 2012

5

Valentine's Day. I officially hate it. Not only do I now see it as just a ploy by companies such as hallmark and sees candies to make a shit ton of money, but it all around sucks. I have a man who doesn't particularily like Valentine's Day. Therefore, we do not celebrate it. So I wasn't expecting anything from him at all, but I didn't even get a text message. So understandably, I was hurt. I know he's busy with work and stuff but it still hurt, especially since I spent all day making/decorating cookies and a sentimental card (in which I spilled my guts out to him :p). So it hurt to not even get a text in response.

But that wasn't even the worst part. What was worse was seeing everyone else and their mother getting things. Even skankbags and wife beaters got shit! Again, It's not about the materialistic things here, I just would have appreciated knowing that he was thinking about me..... And everyone posting all over facebook all day like "hubby got me this" or "boyfriend did this for me" blah blah blahdy blah!!! Just shut up already! It's one day, and he paid way too much for that shit that you're going to eat and then shit out anyway! Why waste the money? Why not just express your love for each other every day, by doing little things for each other or just being there for each other? Why do we need one day where we buy useless shit for our significant others? It all just seems so materialistic to me.

And yes, I may be a little bit jealous that I didn't get anything. But, I have something better than a box of chocolates which I will eat, digest the nutrients out of and then convert into piss and shit. I have a man who loves me and shows me he loves me every day of the year, not just on one day. I have someone who sticks by my side through thick and thin, good times and bad and who genuinely loves me for who I am, not for what I am handing him on february 14th. And that's what keeps me going through this stupid day. The thought that I have something real. True Love. And that's better than any flower (which will be dead by tomorrow, by the way) or stuffed animal or candy <3.

No comments:

Post a Comment